Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!
Yeppers, he did it again!!! Doug surprised me with some totally awesome (yep, i grew up in the 80's) flowers today! He went the extra mile to do it, too! You see, I now work at the place where he "preordered" my flowers last year, so he had to be a little sneaky about it.
I started working at Hoy's Greenhouse when the kids started school this year. I absolutely loooooove it!!! I get to work with my friend Lori and her daughter, Emma. Lori took over the family business almost 2 years ago and Emma has been working with her ever since, well ever since, she was kneehigh to a grasshopper. Like I said, it is a family run business so being around the greenhouse has just been part of their lives. Lori and I have been friends since our boys were babies and I had told her long ago how much I would love to work there. I had worked a little bit last spring and Lori asked if I wanted to come back once the school year started. Heck ya I did!!!!
Okay, back to Doug, flowers, and his sneakiness. We were pretty busy yesterday and today and there was no way we were going to be taking a long break for lunch. Around 11:30 Doug just happened to text me and ask if he could bring us some food and said he could run some deliveries for us if we needed him to. How sweet! Little did I know that he had another agenda. He had already ordered flowers for me, Emma had already arranged them, and Lori had already had them tagged, ready to go, and in the fridge. He dropped off our lunches and Lori told him he wasn't needed to run the deliveries. Since I was busy when he left, I didn't even notice that Lori walked out with him and got the flowers for him to take home.
When I came home from a long day of work, this is what I found waiting for me....
Absolutely beautiful!!!!The picture does not do this arrangement justice!
Thank you to my wonderful husband for going the extra mile for me in so many other ways than just on Valentine's Day. I really don't deserve such a great guy!
1 comment:
awwwww, such a good guy! He might not be able to commit to watching a movie, but he can certainly put together a good plan to surprise you :)
Post a Comment