Monday, January 31, 2011

my 2 best friends

I am out.of.control.  2 blog posts in one day.  Cah-razy!!

I think you will all understand once i fill you in on who my best friends are, but I think you need some background.  Since last Wednesday I have been hangin at home with at least one of my peeps.  Wait...back up one more day though...it all started last Tuesday...a wintry mix kinda Tuesday.  Yes, widespread panic occurred again, like it did here, when we had some weather issues.  Our kids had a two hour delay.  It gets better.  On Wednesday they had the day off.  I encouraged the kids to play outside with their friends for quite a while.  As a result of my superb parenting skills, little Miss Jaida came down with a fever and a cough.  I wish I had a sound recording of her when she coughed or sneezed.  It is unbelievable.  You would never know that the sound you just heard came from her little body.  She sounds like an 80 year old man who was a chain smoker for 70 of his 80 years.  Seriously. she.does.  So, for the next 2 days, Jaida and I got to hang at home together.  Great mother-daughter time, but she was out of it, borderline hallucinating cuz her fevers don't mess around.  They kick her in the butt!!!  So, while she hung out on the couch in and out of consciousness, I cleaned the house, did laundry and all that jazz.  On Friday, Mags comes home and heads directly to the couch.  She did not pass go nor did she collect 200 bucks!  That is where she stayed until Sunday.  We all went to church together and went to the Y together because we attempted to be overachievers in the parenting department since i screwed up royally with Jaida a few days before!  Well...can you say backfire?!!  Mags has been parked on the couch all day today...yet another day of sickness in our home.

So, allow me to introduce to you my 2 best friends.  Drumroll please......



Yes, yes, yes.  I have been in constant communication with these little beauties with the hope of preventing the sharing of germs!  Besides wanting to prevent the sharing of germs...i would really like to get to the mall.  Man, i have been wanting a new purse!!!!!






forced

No comments: