WARNING! The following excerpt came from my within my head while i was showering!
So, while I was shaving my legs in the shower this morning a memory was jogged in my head. I was taken back to my freshman year of high school, a looooong time ago, when a few friends and i decided that we would rebel against the status quo and NOT shave our legs. I know, crazy right?!?! It was winter time and we just didn't feel like doing it anymore. We were "burn our bras" kinda gals! Here's the kicker. I went to a Catholic high school that required us to wear uniforms. Those uniforms consisted of a white shirt, a weskit or sweater, and a skirt! Yes, a skirt. So, when one doesn't shave one's legs when one wears a skirt, others see the result of one's rebellion! So, after a week or so I couldn't take it anymore. One of my friend, on the other hand, outwitted, outlasted, and outplayed me! WOW, her legs were nasty and were a topic of conversation for many, many other freshman! It was almost like a freak show. Students got up close to look at them, although you really didn't need to be that close after a couple of weeks, and people touched them just to feel what they were like after she let her hair grow out for that long. I honestly don't remember how this ended, other than she eventually shaved her legs. We didn't have a big ceremony or anything for the shaving, but i wish we would have. We could have posted it on YouTube and let everyone see her with her sickle. Wait! Who am i kidding? We didn't have YouTube back then!!! *sigh* I am sure we would have had thousands of hits though!So, that is a perfect example of a pointless thought that enters my head and i feel i could write about. There are many, many others (what i think of snow days, i really want a catchy blog title, my broken dishwasher, etc.) but I will just leave it at this one today. Maybe tomorrow I will go back to my original purpose of the blog...then again, maybe not!
brilliant
No comments:
Post a Comment