So we have been in basketball heaven these last few months. No, seriously, we have. I love basketball. I love watching basketball, playing basketball, and coaching basketball. That's right, I said coaching basketball. This year I got to get back into the game (pathetic pun, i know) since Maggie said she wanted to play. Unfortunately, I have taken quite the hiatus from the sport. Like a 15 year hiatus, (Ugh...the fact that I can say I haven't done something in 15 years makes me want to cry!!!) which made me feel a bit out of touch when I first started. Like my friend Nicki has told me, "it's just like riding a bike." So i went with that little saying and jumped back in. I loved coaching maggie's team and I am hoping to be able to assist an AAU team this spring. Not sure if it will work out since we've got quite a few things going on. Here is our list:
Ezeekai's baseball
Nathan's AAU basketball
Corey's AAU basketball and his baseball
Maggie's horseback riding
Jaida's piano
Fahnta's cooking class (maybe, haven't signed her up yet)
Sounds like a busy spring but it is so much fun to watch our kids doin things they love. Speaking of things and love. This song!!! I remember when this came out on the radio. I remember watching the video on MTv. I remember singing the song on busrides home from basketball games. I didn't remember how bad the video actually was. Yeah, 1984 wasn't a good year for music videos:-) But, I did want my kids to see a little piece of MTv history. Haven't broken out the Michael Jackson "Billy Jean" video yet, but i am sure Kurtis Blow is a close second!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment